Episode: “How to Improve Your Gut and Transform Your Health with Vivien Allred”
Welcome to Episode 5 of Season 3 of The PCOS Revolution Podcast.
Today we chat with U.K. naturopathic nutritionist Vivien Allred about getting to the root of gut imbalances that can creep up and wreak havoc on your hormones.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How gut health can influence PCOS symptoms and mood
- Why going vegan might be more difficult than you think for women with PCOS
- What triggers a gut imbalance and how to test for it
Vivien Allred (Dip CNM, mBANT, CNHC) is an expert in gut health and PCOS whose accomplishments include:
- Becoming a naturopathic nutritional therapist after struggling with many hormonal and digestive issues during early adulthood
- Primarily focusing on identifying and addressing the root causes of her clients symptoms and educating them about the healing properties of food
- Working with women struggling with issues such as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), menstrual issues, hair loss, acne, IBS and weight gain
About the Host:
Farrar Duro, Doctor Oriental Medicine practices reproductive acupuncture at Florida Complete Wellness in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and became a Fellow of the American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine in 2008. After overcoming her own struggles with PCOS and endometriosis using a combination of Traditional Chinese Medicine and other natural methods, she has felt tremendous joy in sharing her methods with other women.
Farrar has since specialized in the treatment of PCOS, infertility and hormonal imbalances with acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine for over 15 years and has a passion for women’s health and wellness. This path led her to pursue advanced pregnancy training in the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy™ and publication of her first book, The Smart Couple’s Guide to Getting Pregnant, An Integrated Approach in 2015.
A board-certified acupuncture physician, Farrar graduated from the Florida College of Integrative Medicine and performed her post-graduate training at Shandong University of TCM in Shandong, China. To learn more about PCOS and infertility, you can also listen to her biweekly podcast, The PCOS Revolution, on iTunes and Stitcher Radio.
Waitlist for PCOS Revolution Live Six-Week Online Workshop: https://www.floridacompletewellness.com/pcos/
Paleo for Women – Stefani Ruper http://paleoforwomen.com/
Lara Briden – https://www.larabriden.com/
Viva Natural Health blog www.vivanaturalhealth.co.uk
Free PCOS guide:
Don’t forget to subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic episode updates for our “The PCOS Revolution!”
And, finally, please take a minute to leave us an honest review and rating on iTunes. They really help us out when it comes to the ranking of the show and I make it a point to read every single one of the reviews we get.
Thanks for listening!